Saturday, March 30, 2024

Cornell Admitted 5,139 Students to the Class of 2028

 As the ground begins to thaw and students on campus grow excited by a taste of spring, newly accepted students celebrate their soon-to-be migration to Ithaca.

At 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, regular decision applicants anxiously rushed to open the decisions from Cornell, joining accepted students from the early decision round. The highly-anticipated final Thursday of March is dubbed Ivy Day, referring to the release of regular decision results from all Ivy League colleges.

Cornell cumulatively offered admission to 5,139 students to the Class of 2028, a four percent increase to last year’s 4,994 acceptances. Students hail from all 50 states and all corners of the globe, and 16.5 percent of this year’s admits are first-generation students.
Accepted students described emotional reactions to seeing they would spend their next few years on the Hill.

“When I opened the letter, it took me about 30 seconds of just staring at my phone screen, and I didn’t even realize that confetti went off,” said Johanna Troelstra, an accepted student to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences from Queensbury, New York. “I ran back into the school and told all my friends because I was so excited.”

Troelstra was not alone in sharing her excitement. Hannah Elfenbein, an accepted student to the Nolan School of Hospitality from Crested Butte, Colorado, recalled how, when opening her decision, she and her family showed their Cornell pride with their choice of clothing.
Leaderboard 2

“I had made all my parents wear red and we FaceTimed my sister.” Elfenbein shared. “After opening the letter and hearing the song play, all four of us cried.”

Many students said their acceptance manifested from years of dedication to academic and extracurricular pursuits and represents the realization of a lifelong dream.

“Cornell was my dream school since I was a kid,” said Audriana Varner, an accepted student to the College of Engineering from Indiana. “I always kept Cornell in the back of my mind as my ultimate goal. It was very shocking to have finally reached that moment.”

https://cornellsun.com/2024/03/29/cornell-admits-5139-students-to-class-of-2028/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cornell-admits-5139-students-to-class-of-2028&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=cornell-admits-5139-students-to-class-of-2028

No comments: